10 Signs Your Study Abroad Is Ending
All good things must come to an end. Here are 10 signs that may indicate you are in the final days of your semester or year abroad.
1. You suddenly realize that you don't actually live there.
Yes, it's time to go back to your real home.
2. You start to worry about what you’re going to do with your life when you return home.
RESPONSIBILITIES? NO. MAKE IT STOP.
3. You double check the date of your return flight and begin planning your last goodbyes.
No, you cannot push back your return flight one more week.
4. Your bank account is almost empty but you still go out because YOLO.
You're friends will pay for you because you're leaving, right?
5. You search for that lucky person who will take all the random stuff you have in your room.
Trust me, it's not worth it to have overweight luggage.
6. Then you realize all your friends are leaving too and nobody wants your junk.
They didn't deserve it anyway.
7. You cram for the final exam in a last-ditch effort to pass the course you’re taking.
A desperate email to your professor explaining your dire situation might help too.
8. You begin to regret all the things you could have done but didn’t do while abroad.
It's okay, you're the only one that knows.
9. You realize that the friendships and memories you made are absolutely priceless.
It was a season in life you'll never be able to relive again.
10. You tell your local friends that you’ll return to visit, but you really don’t know if and when you’ll ever be back.
Don't worry, Facebook friendships are eternal.